The Monoton Café Racer
Why a Café Racer ?
On a regular basis, Monoton engages itself into a challenging co-operation with some of the best craftsmen in their domain. In this particular case, Kris from Deep Creek Cycleworks.
The design of this café racer was inspired by the famous Italian Riva speedboats. This reflects most clearly in the Afromosia wooden nose and tail section.
This taylor made bike was a distinguished guest of the 2018 Wheels and Waves Festival in Biarritz, France.
Base: a 1996 BMW R1100GS
• Wooden nose and tail section (Afromosia)
• 70's style MX seat by Motokouture
• Powdercoated frame and wheels
• Custom made RVS exhaust
• Motogadget gauges
• Original electronics apart from the dash
• Iron fuel tank instead of the polyester original
• Front and back LED lighting